- There are three sessions each day – the first day has a 15-min opening-remark session at the very beginning. The first session is a regular session with 4-5 presentations and each presentation is 15 minutes (including Q/A).
- The next two sessions (Sessions A2, A3, B21, B22, B3, C2, C3 in the program) are Lighting & Panel Discussion sessions for emerging topics, with 6-7 presentations in each session. Each speaker in a Lighting & Panel Discussion session will need to upload a 5-min video of the presentation before May 31; see the detailed instructions. During the session, the videos will be shown first, followed with panel discussion around the topic (including Q/A) for 30 – 40 minutes.
- All sessions are 60 min – 75 min in duration. There will be a 15-min break between two sessions.
- Session Schedule: The first day will start at 7:30 and end at 11:45 PDT (Pacific Daylight saving Time). The second day and the third day will start at 17:00 and end at 20:30 PDT.
- We also plan to upload all 5-min videos to a Youtube channel before the Symposium so that Symposium audiences can view and provide comments/questions. These comments/questions (at least some of them) will be shared during the session. More details about the Youtube channel will be provided soon. We ask you to kindly let us know ASAP, but no later than May 31, if you do NOT want your 5-min video to be uploaded to Youtube.
Tentative Symposium Program:
Download symposium program here
Instructions to produce and upload 5-min presentation videos:
Authors of abstracts accepted to Lighting & Panel Discussion sessions for DTA 2021 are asked to each submit a 5-minute video presentation summarizing their work. Please note the following details about this process:
- Please make sure your 5-min presentation video is in one of the following video formats: 3GPP, AVI, FLV, MOV, MPEG4 (mp4), MPEGPS, WebM and WMV. MPEG4 (mp4) is the preferred format. Also, the video file should be no more than 5 minutes long and no more than 2 GB in size.
- Please include information of the session ID (in the tentative program) and the last name of the corresponding author (or the first author) of your presentation. For example, for an abstract by Dr. Friesz in session B2, the video file may be named as “B2-Friesz.mp4” If you have multiple presentations in the same session, please distinguish each as “B2-Friesz-1.mp4”, “B2-Friesz-2.mp4”, etc.
- Please upload your video before May 31.
- You may use any video generation and editing tools to create your video. You are encouraged to create your video with the help of presentation slides to show the details of your work. Note that DTA2021 is an open Symposium and anyone with the Symposium zoom links can attend the sessions. Therefore we ask you to include materials or details that have been published or you plan to publish.
- We plan to upload your video to a YouTube channel before the Symposium so that Symposium audiences can view and provide comments/questions. These comments/questions (at least some of them) will be shared during the session. More details of the YouTube channel will be provided shortly.
- We ask you to kindly let us know as soon as possible (you can indicate this in the “Message” box in Step 2 below), but no later than May 31, if you do NOT want your 5-min video to be uploaded to YouTube.
We are using the WeTransfer service (https://wetransfer.com/) for DTA 2021 video presentation submission. Submitting your video using WeTransfer is a simple process. The steps are outlined below.
Visit the WeTransfer homepage at https://wetransfer.com/. Begin by accepting the WeTransfer Terms of Service.
After accepting the terms, you will be prompted to upload your video file. Select “Add your files” to upload your video. In the “Email to” field, enter email@example.com. In “Your email”, enter your email address. You will be prompted to confirm your email shortly, so make sure to use an email address you can access.
WeTransfer will now send a confirmation code in an email to the address you provided. Check your email to get the code and enter it where prompted.
Once you have verified your email, your file will start uploading. Once it finishes uploading, you’re done!
Thanks for contributing to DTA2021 Virtual Symposium. If you have any questions, please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com