First thank you for your interest in DTA2020. We hope you and your
family well during this challenging time.
As you may be aware, the rapid spread of COVID-19 in the US and around
the world has brought huge uncertainty to the preparation and planning
of DTA2020, originally scheduled to be held from June 29 to July 01,
2020 in Seattle. Given that more than half of the accepted abstracts are
from colleagues outside the US, international travels would be more
uncertain and challenging for those colleagues. After careful
consideration and also discussions with the international scientific
committee (ISC) of DTA2020, our co-chairs of DTA2020 decided to postpone
the Symposium to the summer of 2021 (thus DTA2021). This decision was
not made lightly and we hope you could understand and would still plan
to attend DTA2021. We have a few specific notes regarding this postponement.
1) We will need to watch the COVID-19 situation and consult with the ISC
to decide the exact date of DTA2021. We will let you know once it is
2) Authors will be given the opportunity to update their abstracts
before DTA2021 so that they can include the most up-to-date research
results in their abstracts and presentations.
3) We may open to accept a small number of new abstracts if needed later
this year or early next year. More details will follow on this aspect.
4) We are organizing two special issues for the Symposium on
Transportation Research Part C and IEEE Transactions on ITS. The two
special issues will proceed as we planned. We will send out
notifications to authors whose abstracts/papers are recommended to one
of the two special issues in mid April.
Please let us know if you have any questions/concerns. Again stay well
and safe in this unprecedented time. Thanks.
Co-Chairs of DTA2020